Wednesday 17 April 2019

a tenth of rue and dill and rosemary...[old post from drafts]

Two instagram posts by Jen Hatmaker:

Last night, a post of
1. exasperation and frustration
Me, facing the full moon tonight, talking to God: “Jesus, I am wild about you and I really just want to love your people, but I fully hate at least half of them.” So that is where I am this evening. I hope Jesus is #blessed by my capacity.

followed by this morning's post:

2. thankfulness for mercy:
His mercies are new every morning!
.
THANK GOD, omg (literally). New day. New chance. New start. New slate. Yesterday is over. (Again, THANK GOD.)

Needless to say a lot of the responses to post #1 were rebuking her for using the word 'hate'.

I wonder how many of them think that taking kids away from their parents is justified. Because crossing the border is 'breaking the law'.




No comments:

Post a Comment